Amazon Canada recently introduced a monthly membership option for Prime Student members. At $3.99, the monthly option offers Prime Student members in Canada an alternative to the existing annual membership, which is $39.
With a recent announcement from Netflix to raise prices on all its plans, it’s the best time to switch before the price hike hits your Wallet from Netflix.
“We have seen such a great response for the Prime Student program in Canada and are happy to now offering a new, monthly option at the low price of $3.99 a month,” said Mike Strauch, Country Manager for Amazon Canada. “January marks the start of another back to school season, so what better time to offer this new monthly option for our student customers than at the start of a new year and school semester.”
Prime Student is a Prime membership designed specifically for post-secondary students that offer an unparalleled combination of shopping and entertainment all in one place. Students of two- and four-year schools signing up to the monthly plan get access to all the benefits,
Prime Student including
- Fast, Free Shipping: Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Even Faster, Free Shipping: FREE One-Day Shipping in select cities and FREE Same-Day Delivery if shipping to Toronto or Vancouver on eligible orders
- Prime Video: Instant access to movies and TV shows including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Original series and movies from Amazon Studios like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (also now included in the six-month trial sponsored by UGO)
- Deals and Special Offers: Exclusive student deals and offers including discounts on selected textbooks (for a limited time use TEXT10 at checkout), fashion and much more
- Twitch Prime: Enjoy a selection of free games and in-game loot
- Amazon Photos: Securely store existing photo collections, automatically upload new photos taken and access them anytime, anywhere, at no cost
Signing up is simple – eligible students only need to provide their school email address to begin enjoying the benefits of Prime Student for six months at no cost by visiting amazon.ca/joinstudent. Following the trial, students now have the option to continue their membership for $3.99 per month on the new monthly plan or for just $39 per year, less than half the cost of an annual Amazon Prime membership.
Similar to September, January is another busy month for school shopping on Amazon.ca as students head back to class. Popular search terms around this time of year include humidifier, notebook, laptop, pop socket, and printer, while top purchases include the Instant Pot, Hilroy Notebooks and Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care Double Roll Toilet Paper. To shop these best-sellers and more, including exclusive deals, school supplies, textbooks, backpacks, and home essentials, customers can visit the Back to Class Store at amazon.ca/backtoclass.
Source: Amazon Canada