Everyone has a different commitment from travelling, working, raising a family; even though you are busy, Earning your master’s degree is important because it will open doors to many opportunities, The Best Online Schools for Masters In Canada.
Students have more options than ever when it comes to earning online master’s degrees. In Canada, in particular, students can find a wide variety of master’s programs at hundreds of universities. Campus-based programs aren’t the only game in town, either, thanks to a growth in online accredited programs at Canadian universities.
Here Are The Best Online Schools for Masters Degree In Canada
9. Yorkville University
Yorkville University is a private, non-denominational university established in 2003 under the New Brunswick Degree Granting Act.
- Students at Yorkville University take all classes entirely online.
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Education in Adult Education
8. The University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is a degree-granting online university providing certificate and graduate degree programs in business leadership in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- All courses at UFred are delivered completely online.
- Executive MBA: $24,500
- MBA: $19,000
7. Canadian Virtual University
The Canadian Virtual University is an association of Canadian universities that specialize in distance education. All CVU-UVC member institutions are public universities accredited by both their home provincial governments and Universities Canada.
- CVU reports a tuition range of approximately $400 to $1,000 per course with higher international students’ costs.
- Master of Public Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration
6. University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. Located in Winnipeg and founded in 1877, it was Western Canada’s first university.
- Most students at the University of Manitoba attend classes on campus, but more than 140 online courses are available.
- Online degree programs at the University of Manitoba
5. Laurentian University
Laurentian University was ranked among the top 15 undergraduate institutions by Maclean’s in 2014. In the same year, Laurentian was made an official bilingual English/French university under Ontario’s French Language Services Act.
- Laurentian primarily operates as a campus-based university but does offer business-oriented online degree programs.
- Online degree options at Laurentian consist of an Honours Bachelor of Commerce (H.B.Com) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) offered in conjunction with the Certified General Accountants of Ontario.
4. Royal Roads University
Royal Roads began as a military college in 1940 but shifted its focus to serving non-traditional and mid-career students with online and blended degree programs. A few bachelor’s degrees are offered here, but most programs are designed for graduates and post-grads.
- A few of the degree programs that can be taken entirely online at Royal Roads:
- Master of Science in Environmental Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Learning and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Industrial Design
3. Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University is a public teaching and research university offering undergraduate and graduate degrees and vocational training.
- Bachelor’s in Tourism Management
- Animal Welfare Certificate
- Anesthesia Assistant Diploma
2. McGill University
McGill was founded in 1821 and earned consistently high marks from rankings agencies. On the 2014-15 Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings list, only 20 universities in the world ranked higher than McGill.
- Montreal’s main campus is the university’s focus, but online courses and degrees are available in certain academic years.
- McGill counts approximately 38,000 students among its more than 300 program
- The distance education program in Occupational Health at McGill was suspended for review in 2014, but certain electives and other component courses of on-campus degree plans may be taken online.
1. Athabasca University
Athabasca University is a Canadian university specializing in online distance education and one of four comprehensive academic and research universities in Alberta.
The student body at Athabasca consists of 40,000+ students, of which a 2011 survey found 83 percent held jobs while they studied and 36 percent lived full-time in Alberta.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Nursing
- Doctor of Education in Distance Education
Research Writer Ava Harper contributed to this report.