It’s best to consider a minimalist apartment design when you want more space, less clutter, and style. Minimalist apartment design will give you a home with less stress, less organization, and less cleaning—an area where you can have more freedom and save time.
Here is an in-depth discussion on why the minimalist apartment is beneficial and how you can design one.
Understanding Minimalist Apartment
A minimalist apartment means having fewer things and avoid cluttering. It is about embracing a lifestyle of creating more space—the studio designed to have only essential yet practical furniture pieces.
To design a minimalist apartment first, you need to accept that this is a lifestyle. However, here are some tips on how you can achieve it.
- Removing Unnecessary Furniture: if you have furniture that is not used by you or when you have a guest around, then it’s best to get rid of it. Not only does it take more space, but maintaining the furniture requires money.
- Choose a neutral color palette: choose a subdued color palette, so there is a harmony between your furniture, carpets, and decoration. Neutral color creates an illusion of space, which is required in tiny apartments.
- Decluttering: if you haven’t used anything the past year, then it’s best to get rid of it. Whether its books, clothes, decorations or other household items. Not only will you create more space in your storage, but you can find your things easily.
- Introducing Multipurpose Furniture: multipurpose furniture like coffee tables and sofas have concealed storage space. A couch with concealed bedding is a great way to adjust guests without storing the mattress itself. The extra storage get rids of other storage compartments.
- Adding Plants: An indoor plant can purify the air. So, adding indoor plants in your living space can add that decorative element.
- Adding Art/Textures: when you have removed all the decorative elements, then it’s best to add one art piece or textural element. Art and textures can add to the aesthetics of the Room. With only one central part, it can shine through and make a difference.
- Focus on One Room at a Time: decluttering a whole apartment can be challenging, so it’s best to focus on one room at a time. Strategize your storage, aesthetics, and unnecessary objects and try to incorporate multipurpose objects.
- Headboards: if you want to elevate the decoration of your bedroom without adding more elements, then headboards are the best option. It replaces the need for wallpaper. Headboards are easy to make, and you can return the pattern when redecorating. Here is a guide on how to make your headboards at home.
- Revisiting Your Simplification: when you are done adding the final touches, it’s best to visit your design. Decluttering again after some time can help you achieve to get rid of objects you needed before but no longer need now.
Benefits of Minimalist Apartment
- There are many benefits to minimalist apartment designs other than having less clutter and these are the following:
- Effortless maintenance: hoarding on unnecessary objects can accumulate a lot of dust. A minimalist home will save you from cleaning and dusting, but it will also save you time.
- Timelessness: minimalist interior designing has a timeless appeal. If you are someone who likes to keep with trends but cannot spend much time, you should embrace minimalism.
- Health benefits: dust accumulation can sharbor allergens that can cause illness. Moreover, cluttered and messy home can be stressful and give you anxiety. So, embrace minimalism to have more room to “breathe.”
- Inexpensive maintenance: requiring less maintenance means cutting the cost of maintenance.
When there is a space constraint, it’s great to add furniture that serves more than one. It can also hide away storage out of sight. Here are some examples of furniture that you can
add to your minimalistic design apartment:
- Sofa with inbuilt shelves
- Dining table with hidden compartments
- Multipurpose cabinets
- Multipurpose bar table set
- Convertible ottoman bed
- Nesting tables
However, you can take the minimalistic design challenge upon yourself or hire professionals. Professionals like the folks at myamericanave.com can help you achieve your vision. These professionals can guide you through the process and make the most practical design in no time.
The minimalist apartment can create more space, rid of unnecessary objects, and anxiety. However, some simple tips such as multipurpose furniture and choosing a soft color palette can add the sophistication you need.
Interior designing with a minimalistic approach can be challenging. However, doing your research or hiring professionals both work for you, depending on your budget.