Edmonton police are warning the public about a violent sexual offender being released from custody.
The Edmonton Police Service says Jason Hipson, 47, will live in Edmonton. He is described as five-foot-four, weighing 168 lbs., with brown eyes and brown hair.
Police say they have “reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another violent offence against someone while in the community.”
The EPS says Hipson has a violent past that’s resulted in physical harm to his victims.
“Hipson has victimized a number of females, both adolescent and adult, sexually,” Edmonton police say in a news release. “He previously put himself in a position where he could offend against female victims by gaining the trust of an individual or a family.”
Hipson will be subject to a court order with conditions managed by the EPS’ behavioural assessment unit.
Some of those conditions include:
- He must live at a residence approved by his Supervisor and must not change that address until he has received written approval from his Supervisor.
- He must abide by a curfew of 10 PM to 6 AM daily unless a varied time is approved in writing by his Supervisor.
- He must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written approval of his Supervisor.
- Not to be in the presence of any children under the age of 16 unless accompanied by a responsible adult who know your criminal history and has been approved by your supervisor or designate.
- Not attend within 100 meters of a public park, public swimming area, daycare, school ground, playground, recreational centers, community centers, youth shelters, public libraries, or any other area where persons under the age of 16 are present or can reasonably expected to be present unless you have received written approval from your Supervisor or designate.
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverages. Not to consume or possess any drug listed in the Schedule of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, excluding cannabis, any prescription drugs not prescribed to you or any other intoxicating substances.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions or concerning behaviour by Hipson can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.