SCHOLARSHIPS, GRANTS, AND BURSARIES FOR CANADIAN STUDENTS
Scholarships, grants or loans, and bursaries are types of financial assistance that you do not have to repay. Scholarships are typically predicated on merit, while grants or loans and bursaries usually take financial need into consideration as well. Some scholarships, grants or loans and bursaries are also based on academic achievement, athletic skill, extra-curricular participation, or special capabilities.
The federal, provincial and territorial governments, individual schools, and some businesses and charitable foundations also hand out scholarships, grants or loans and bursaries. Check with your school to learn what you will be eligible for.
Universities Canada, deliver more than 3,500 scholarships every year to teenagers interested in chasing advanced schooling. We also manage more than 175 scholarships and over $11 million in learner awards which are available both for everyone and dependents of employees of certain organizations.
Additional resources to check out:
- Scholarships Canada, Scholarships, Student Awards, Financial Aid, Bursaries, Grants, a searchable database, they will match you with scholarship based on your information
- Yconic.com is an extensive, searchable database of scholarships, student awards, bursaries, and grants. You will also find information about student loans, applications, and budget planning.
- StudentAwards is a searchable database of scholarships, bursaries, fellowships, grants and other financial awards available to Canadian students.
- CanLearn offers valuable information about savings plans, student loans, grants, and scholarships.
- Education and training offer extensive information on bursaries, grants, scholarships and employment opportunities available to students.
- International scholarships have information on scholarships available to Canadians and non-Canadians studying in Canada and abroad.
Source: University Study
Helpful websites for information about student loans:
- Student Loans and Grants
- Provincial and Territorial Student Assistance Offices: